We would like to make you aware of the SMOS-Aquarius science workshop, which will be held on 15-17 April 2013 at IFREMER, Brest (France). Please see the attached flyer for details.
The main objectives of this workshop are to:
- Provide the SMOS and Aquarius science communities with an overview on the present quality of the provided data and an outlook on future algorithm developments.
- Explore common L-band sensor and algorithm issues for sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals derived by SMOS and Aquarius data.
- Present broader science achievements of both missions, including modelling results.
- Explore synergistic use of and validation approaches for SMOS, Aquarius and other sensors’ data over land and ocean.
- Provide a forum for discussion on specific topics related to improving sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals through dedicated working groups.
The workshop will be organised around oral and poster presentations as well as invited talks from key experts. Common topics to ocean and land applications will be presented in a plenary session. There will be parallel sessions for land and ocean only applications, including sufficient time for discussion. For specific topics on sea surface salinity and soil moisture, dedicated working group meetings will be organised.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the workshop -
Nicolas Reul, Yann Kerr, Jordi Font, Gary Lagerloef and Susanne Mecklenburg